Turmeric Honey Roasted Carrots
Sweet, garlicky and buttery, with a hint of spicy turmeric, these roasted carrots make a quick, easy, and delicious side dish.
The best part is that you don’t need a special occasion to make this healthy and nutritional sweet carrot dish that the whole family will enjoy.
Turmeric is a well known, proclaimed superfood. Familiar in home kitchens as an orange-yellow powder or whole root – similar to its cousin, whole ginger, except for its bright orange colour under the skin – has been used as a staple in Asian cooking for thousands of years.
Turmeric is known for its powerful medicinal and anti-inflammatory properties thanks to curcumin, the potent active compound, which is effective in fighting a wide range of diseases. Curcumin is also a robust natural antioxidant and is responsible for giving turmeric its bright and vibrant yellow colour.
250g Baby carrots, washed, pat dried with a paper towel, cut lengthwise
1 Garlic clove, grated
1 Tbs butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon salt
Toasted sesame seeds to serve
Toasting Sesame Seeds
Toasting sesame seeds enhances their nutty flavour and crunchy texture.
- For toasted sesame seeds you will need a wide frying pan and stovetop
- Heat the sesame seeds on low heat, shaking the pan occasionally
- Remove the seeds when they slightly darken and become fragrant
- They should be toasted and ready between 3 and 5 minutes.
Keep in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to three months.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C
- In a small bowl make the aromatic butter. Mix the turmeric honey, grated garlic, and melted butter using a small whisk
- Season with salt and pepper
- Toss the baby carrots with the aromatic garlic butter and honey mix
- Transfer the carrots to the baking sheet. Arrange them in a single layer
- Roast for about 30 minutes or until soft and tender, flipping every 10 minutes
- Transfer to a plater, drizzle with the remaining aromatic butter, sprinkle with a toasted sesame seeds and serve.
Organic Honey Fusions
Our organic honey fusions are a unique range of one of a kind blends. For the Organic Turmeric Honey, we chose the delicately flavoured white clover honey to pair with an organic turmeric infusion. The result is an extraordinary flavour profile that is power-packed with all of the natural goodness of organic turmeric and our organic honey.
It is the perfect sweet topping to toast, crumpets or muffins. Or simply add a teaspoon to hot water and sip and unwind with a comforting and calming drink.